The Church of St Mary The Virgin at East Claydon
Earliest history dates to the 13th Century but has had many additions and alterations over the centuries. The clock tower was added in the 15th -16th century. The peal of five bells date back to 1752, the sanctus bell earlier 1657. A sixth bell was added to celebrate the Millenium.
The west window in St. Mary’s was designed by Mary Lowndes 1856-1929 with a strong Arts and Crafts influence. The window was a memorial to the Rev. Thomas Huntley Greene, vicar 1879-87, died in that year.
The old Rectory was built at the turn of the century to replace the older timber frame building.
The house next to the church, Beech House, used to be a pork butchers.
Services are held about three times a month.