East & Botolph Village Hall
East Claydon Parish Council in co-operation with the Village Hall Committee and the Mushroom Club have succeeded in obtaining Grant Money of £100,000 to enable the Village Hall structure to be repaired and refurbished to modern standards. It is estimated that the total cost will be £150,000. The grant comes from the WREN Community fund. The work required was identified by a structural survey commissioned by the Parish Council
The structural repairs include:
• Roof repair and gutters
• Replacement of windows and doors
• Repointing of brickwork
• Removal of failed render and replacement
• Updating the heating system
• Upgrading the electrical systems
• Modernisation of toilet facilities
• Redecoration will also be required to ensure that the hall becomes a revitalised location for the community to use, with a sustainable future.
A condition of the Grant is that a full communication with the Community is achieved and support gained. A public meeting will be held in the Hall on 11th April at 7.00pm to outline the proposals in greater detail and to get feedback. Further details and updates will be on the website and Facebook.
East Claydon Parish Council